Making the topics of artificial intelligence and data science accessible to scientists from all disciplines through continuing education programmes is an important mission of HeiCAD.
We start our programme with targeted workshops for doctoral researchers that are tailored to specific areas of application. Prior knowledge is not required. The aim is to give an overview of AI and DS. The participants are enabled to independently identify helpful tools for their doctoral research.
Introductory workshop for doctoral researchers in medicine and biology
In the 8-hour workshop "Practical introduction to AI and data science for doctoral candidates in medicine and biology", you will receive a basic introduction to the topics of AI and data science with content and examples relevant to your subject.
At the end of the workshop you will
- be able to classify the importance of AI technologies
- be able to explain basic terms and methods
- be able to assess whether the use of AI is necessary / useful
- be able to analyse your data as research questions and problems arise and apply basic data science and AI tools
- have the ability to differentiate where “traditional” mathematical / statistical methods should be preferred for analysis and in which cases (and if there is sufficient qualitative/quantitative data) AI methods can be used
Monday, 12/07/2021, 9.00 am - 12.30 pm
Tuesday, 13/07/2021, 9.00 am - 12.30 pm
Friday, 16/07/2021, 9.00 am - 10.00 am
The workshop will take place virtually via Webex.
If you would like to take part in the workshop, please send us an email with your name, department and area of application to .
Update: The course is already fully booked. We are aiming to offer more workshops like this one as soon as possible.